Website Builders or WordPress, that is the question. How and where you build your website is a big decision. Whether you use a DIY website builder or choose to work with a marketing partner using a CMS like WordPress is determined by your unique set of needs and business strategy. Most entrepreneurs have no idea how the web design process works. And why should they? Their passions lie elsewhere. What I see so often are small businesses that rush into the website design process in their zeal to create brand liftoff.
Let’s untangle the spaghetti by looking at your options for building a website today, and compare the benefits of both do it yourself website builders and the content management system [CMS] of WordPress.
DIY Website Builder or GO PRO?
Should I build the website myself [DIY] using an online software website builder? Or, should I partner with a professional web development company who will use a content management system [CMS]?
Advantages of Website Builders
Website builders are online software services that give users tools to construct a website. They feature templates and drag and drop editors. No coding expertise is required. These programs come bundled with other features and include hosting. Technical support is administered through the company’s blog, video tutorial library, and the ability to file tickets with the in-house technical team. Names of popular website builders include Wix, Squarespace and Weebly.
Here are 7 reasons to consider using a website builder:
1. You have TIME to build & manage the website.
2. You have a limited budget.
3. You don’t know code and like drag & drop editing features.
4. Your needs are conventional, templates make you happy, and you require no customizations.
5. You like the simplicity that hosting is included.
6. Owning & controlling your website files is not a priority.
7. Your website needs are fixed and not expected to evolve much over time.
Advantages of Going Pro with a WordPress Developer
WordPress is NOT a website builder. Rather, it is a content management system [CMS] used by more than 60 million websites. It offers flexibility and powerful customization options for online brand building. Businesses love it because their website can grow in features and functions as the business grows.
Here are 7 reasons top brands choose WordPress to power their websites:
1. Ease of use & ability to change content to keep website fresh
2. Flexibility to choose best hosting service for your needs
3. Search engine friendly
4. You own your website 100%
5. You control your website 100%
6. 100% customizable
7. It’s open Source, which means maximum freedom: you can work with anyone & move your website at will
How and where you build your website is a big decision. Whether you use a DIY website builder or choose to work with a marketing partner using a CMS like WordPress is determined by your unique set of needs and business strategy.
Take time to understand all your Web requirements, both now and in the future. Weigh your options and avoid underestimating how much time it takes to do the work yourself.
Businesses come to the AnnManion.com team most often because they need a brand beautiful, custom website they can control 100%. Beyond that, they lack the TIME and internal resources to build and manage a website all on their own, and want to avoid making costly mistakes.
To discuss the best website option for your needs, give me a call at 978-460-1157. It begins with a conversation.