Top 12 WordPress Website Maintenance Tasks
Top 12 WordPress Website Maintenance Tasks are detailed in this post. But let’s start out with a little background to get you motivated to maintain your website in the first place!
A Crock-Pot, also known as a slow cooker, is a kitchen device that simmers, bakes, boils and fries foods largely unattended. Multiple times last year, upon formulating a swift action plan to help a business owner get their neglected website up and running again, I found myself saying, “Your Website is Not a Crock-Pot, you can’t fix it and forget it.”
When I find myself repeating myself with words of digital wisdom, I know I’ve landed on a solid subject matter for a worthwhile blog post.
It’s not uncommon for me to be contacted by a distraught business owner panicked about why their website suddenly malfunctioned. In 100% of the cases, the reason is that they’ve unknowingly neglected the maintenance of their most critical online marketing asset.
Top 12 List of WordPress Website Maintenance Tasks
- Log into your website regularly to complete updates.
- Install latest plug ins: For example, the one that keeps your home page slider humming.
- Fix broken links & test website speed.
- Verify domain registration & hosting plan is paid & secure.
- Review website statistics (i.e. Google Analytics) & take action.
- Review SEO strategy & take action.
- Test website on all browsers (browsers change)
- Update time references & copyright marks.
- Update email accounts to address staff shifts.
- Feed fresh content to your site [case studies, blog posts, testimonials etc..]
- Add new products | services, update prices, and nix discontinued products | services.
- Update media | press page with accolades & achievements.
Does Your Website Need a Check-Up?
WordPress website maintenance tasks should be addressed throughout the year, and it’s never too late to adopt better business practices.
The Bottom Line
If you’re short on time. Or, if maintaining your website just isn’t your thing, then you need to outsource help for your dedicated website support. No worries, we’ve got a reputation for delivering real time, on-call support to get your website up and running again and a variety of programs from which to choose.